Travel to Ladakh in summer or winter is detoxification time where time and space bear no relevance. The usually brown mountain slopes are now adorned with white blankets of snow. With its predominantly black and white landscape, snow-capped mountains, frozen lakes, rivers and tree skeletons alongside winding roads, Ladakh in summer or winter becomes a photographer’s canvas. Fuelled by the mind-numbing cold, the experience is nothing short of spiritual, it’s the perfect time to capture the transient nature of the mountains..
Places to Visit
After landing at the highest altitude airport in the world by early morning flight you will quickly check in to your hotel. This is a day to be taken easy and acclimatize. Take rest and let your body get used to the high altitude terrain. In the afternoon, post lunch if health permits then probably you can take a walk up to the main market in Leh and explore the place at your own pace.
We will venture out into the cold of Ladakh today. Start the day with the first stop at army Hall of Fame museum; it’s an incredible place where one can learn everything about Ladakh; its history, its geographical terrain, its flora and fauna, its culture, its accession to the Indian sub continent etc., our next stop is the Patthar sahib Gurudwara which has an interesting history. Don’t miss the amazing chaai-boondi langar at the Gurudwara; from here as we drive further you will see the Magnetic hill and then we reach the beautiful confluence of Indus and Zanskar rivers which is popularly called as ‘Sangam’ both these rivers are mostly in frozen state during this time of the year. Enjoy a long walk on the edge of the Zanskar river going inside the Zanskar gorge. On our way back an evening visit to Shanti Stupa high up the town will give you panoramic views of Leh and some breathtaking views of Tsemo Gompa with the mountains around it as the sun goes down.
After breakfast we drive up to the highest motorable pass in the world the Khardung La pass which is at the height of 18350ft. don’t forget to enjoy the steaming hot maggi and tea at the army canteen on the Khardung la top. After spending a while at the top we drive back to Leh. While returning you have a choice to get transferred on mountain bikes and come down cycling from 18000ft to 11000ft through an extremely adventurous & beautiful road in the world. It’s an experience that folks cherish forever.
Sit back and be prepared for a drive of your lifetime as we start our journey towards the frozen Pangong Lake. The drive is as awesome as seeing the lake itself, if not, even better. Once you cross the high pass of Chang La, you will go past streams that are partially frozen and flowing gently through beautiful ice fields. The patterns and forms made by the ice will make you want to sit there forever and watch them. Further ahead, we may see local shepherds herding their Pashmina goats in the valley we are travelling through. Where is grass for them to graze on, you will wonder. But these survivor sheep can live on little leftover dried grass from last summer. We drive along, until we arrive at the famous Pangong lake, now solid with a layer of ice on top. It is a beauty that you would never forget. After spending a while on the lake enjoy a typical ladakhi lunch at a home in Tangtse village before we drive back to Leh.
The journey ends as we see you off at the Leh airport for your return flight back home.
- Stay in Leh for 4 nights (Property will be with room heating facility)
- All meals as per itinerary & All excursions by private van
- Oxygen cylinder & medical first aid kit in car
- Airfare To and fro Tickets from your home town to Delhi is not included in the above package
- Air fare from Delhi – Leh – Delhi is not included but it can be booked in advance as a group.
- Please note that the itinerary provided is subject to favorable weather and road conditions. In case of bad weather and inaccessibility to a destination after the tour begins, we will do our best to make alternate plans. The cost of the tour or any part of it will not be refunded in the event of unfavorable conditions anytime during the tour days, after the tour begins.
- No refunds will be made if a participant is unable to complete the tour owing to medical conditions or any other reasons, after starting the tour.
- If the trip is cancelled 30 days prior to the departure date-35 % , 30 to 15 days 50 % , within 15 days – 100% of the package cost is chargeable.
- All refunds will be processed within 12 – 15 working days from the date of cancellation
- We cannot pay any compensation, reimburse expenses, or cover losses for any amount or otherwise accept responsibility, if as a result of circumstances beyond our control, we have to change your trip after booking, or we, cannot supply your trip, as we had agreed, or you suffer any loss or damage of any description. When we refer to circumstances beyond our control, we mean any event that we could not foresee or avoid, even after taking all reasonable care. Such circumstances will usually include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, airport closures, flight cancellations, epidemic, natural or nuclear disaster, terrorist activity, civil unrest, industrial dispute, bad weather.
* Conditions Apply