Shillong is a hill station in the northeastern part of India and the capital of Meghalaya, which means “The Abode of Clouds” and is one of the smallest states in India. It is the headquarters of the East Khasi Hills district. Shillong also refer as Scotland of the East, as It is said that the rolling hills around the town reminded the European settlers of Scotland. Over time, the place has become a tourist magnet, so much so that it has been voted as India’s Favourite Hill Station in 2016 by a leading global travel site.
If you are thinking of a vacation in a beautiful hill town in north-eastern part of India then like Darjeeling, Shillong should also be on top of your list. And interestingly, all these places are quite close to each other. You can even plan a combined trip to Shillong, Darjeeling and Sikkim, many actually do so.
The romantic name Shillong actually means ‘The abode of clouds’ and has a legend behind it. Locals believe that a virgin lady gave birth to a beautiful but still-born child who she buried in her garden. Years later the child was reborn in supernatural form and grew up to become so handsome & powerful that he was worshiped by the locals as a deity and called him U-Shyllong (meaning one who grows naturally). Shillong was later named after him. Even today the locals would pray ‘Khot Shyllong’ meaning ‘Call Shyllong’ at the time of severe misfortune or catastrophe.
Places to Visit
- Welcome on arrival in Guwahati Airport / Railway Station & transfer to Shillong.
- En-route visit Umiam Lake or Barapani Lake, the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya.
- It offers an incredible experience of sailing, water skiing, water scooter & other water sports activities (on direct payment basis) in midst of sylvan hills adorned by Khasi pines & peerless beauty.
- After reaching shilling, check into your pre-booked hotel
- Overnight stay in the Hotel
After breakfast then proceed for Cherrapunjee and the day of sightseeing includes:
- En-route visit Mawsmai Cave
- Visit to Nohkalikai Falls
- Visit to Thangkarang Park Elephanta Falls and Shillong Peak.
- Later return back to Shillong.
- Evening free to visit Local market at Shillong.
- Return to Hotel and overnight stay in Hotel at Shillong.
After breakfast at the hotel check out and drive to Kaziranga National Park.
- Half day local sightseeing in Shillong including Ward’s Lake, Botanical Garden, Butterfly Museum, Lady Hydari Park, Mini zoo, Golf courses. (Depending upon a time).
- Afternoon transfer to Kaziranga National Park – The World Heritage Site is the oldest park in Assam & is located on the banks of the Brahmaputra River.
- Kaziranga National Park is a natural habitat for conservation of biologically diverse flora & fauna. It is inhabited by the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses besides sheltering about 15 species of India’s threatened mammals.
- There are numerous other major wildlife fauna.
- After visit check in to Hotel.
- Overnight stay in the Hotel at Kaziranga
- Early morning enjoy Elephant Safari at 5 am (on direct payment basis).
- Return to Hotel for breakfast.
- After breakfast proceed for Jeep Safari in the Central Range (on direct payment basis).
- After Jeep safari, proceed to Guwahati.
- On arrival at Guwahati visit Kalakshetra.
- Check into hotel, overnight stay in the hotel at Guwahati.
- After breakfast check out from Hotel and proceed to Airport
- Our representative will leave you at Airport will do necessary support there.
- Drive back to your hometown with sweet memories of unforgettable and astonishing Himachal tour with Tootle Tours.
- Above mentioned/base category room accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Pickup and drop from Guwahati Airport / Railway station/Bus station.
- All sightseeing, land transfer & inter hotel transfer.
- Driver’s bata, toll, parking, road tax, fuel charges
- Transportation as mentioned with an English/Hindi speaking friendly driver cum guide throughout your trip.
- Accommodation as mentioned with breakfast.
- Child below 5 yrs will be complimentarily.
- Entrance fees to Amusement parks & Boating charges.
- Any portage at airports and hotels, tips, insurance, wine, mineral water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary.
- Compulsory Gala Dinner on X’mas & New year Eve if applicable.
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- The above package is only an offer and not a confirmation. We shall proceed with your booking only after we receive your confirmation and advance and on availability of hotels mentioned.
- In case of non availability of rooms in the specified hotels, we will inform you the same and will give you different options of hotels and rate will increase or decrease depends on the hotel selection. There will not be any change in the hotels specified without your concern.
- In case you are not convinced with the new options, advance paid will be refunded to you without deducting any service charges.
- Your accommodation is selected as per your budget.
- We do not have any hidden charges except your lunch and dinner.
- Any extra bed/ breakfast which are not mentioned have to be paid directly by guest as per hotel policy.
- The above rates are valid for the mentioned period only.
- Balance payment should be made at the time of arrival ( Cheque payment is not accepted)
- In Shimla, Kullum Manali, Srinagar, Dalhouise, Dharamshala, Shillong, and Katra rooms will not be A/c since these are cold place.
- In case of any unexpected bandh or strike, we will make alternative arrangements and any additional expense incurred due to the same is not included in the package
* Conditions Apply